|IMU CET 2013|
IMU CET 2013, IMU CET 2013 Notification, IMU CET 2013 Online Application, IMU CET 2013 Admit Cards, IMUCET 2013, IMUCET 2013 Notification, IMUCET 2013 Online Application, IMUCET 2013 Admit Cards
India Maritime University is invited applications for Common Entrance Test for admission in to Degree and PG Diploma Courses for the academic year 2013-14.
Last date for receiving filled-in applications 10th May 2013
Date of CET (Pan India) 1st June 2013
GD/PI at Chennai/ Vizag 21st & 22nd June 2013
Counselling for all UG Programmes 3rd - 8th July 2013
Commencement of Programmes 1st August 2013
Date of Birth :
For General (GEN) and Other Backward Classes (OBC) category; candidates whose date of birth fall on or after October 01, 1988; and for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes(ST), and those with Physical Disability/Differently Abled (PD/DA) date of birth to fall on or after October 01, 1982. Those born earlier are not eligible to appear for CET 2013.
Reservation Of Seats:
15% of the total seats available to Indian Nationals are reserved for eligible candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe and 27% Seats are reserved for OBC candidates belonging to non-creamy layer (NCL). A total of 3% of the seats is reserved for DA candidates. For applicants belonging to SC/ST, a relaxation of 5% of the aggregate will be considered for all programmes except core marine programmes viz., DNS, B Sc (Nautical Science) and B Tech Marine Engineering.
Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe should submit in support of the claim, a certificate, in original, in the form given in Appendix I A from the District Magistrate or any other officer who has been designated by the State Government concerned as competent authority to issue such certificate of the District in which his parents (or surviving parent or if there are no surviving parents, he/himself she/herself) ordinarily reside.
The OBC candidates (non-creamy layer) will be required to produce original OBC (NCL) certificate issued on or after January 01, 2013 by a competent authority in the prescribed format (APPENDIX – IB) at the time of application, failing which they will NOT be considered for admission to the respective reserved seats.
Physical Fitness :
Candidate for admission to marine courses are required to produce certificate for medical fitness by authorities authorized by DG Shipping. List of approved doctors for issuing the certificate is available in MS Notice 14 of 2011 (www.dgshipping.com ). The candidate must be physically fit and should meet the medical requirements as specified by DGS guidelines. Failure to meet the medical standards would disqualify a candidate for admission. In case of appeal, the same will be referred to a medical board appointed by the Indian Maritime University. The decision of such medical board shall be final.Cadets are subject to further medical examination by the respective shipping companies before joining ships.
Note: All Candidates who qualify for 4 year B Tech (Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering) degree course will have to submit a Physical Fitness Certificate from Registered Medical Practitioner in a prescribed format that will be made available to them at an appropriate time.
Year of Passing Qualifying Examination(QE) for UG Courses:
To appear in CET 2013, a candidate must have either passed the QE for the first time, on or after 1st October, 2011 or should be appearing for the first time in 2012. Those who are going to appear in the QE later than September 30, 2013 are not eligible to appear in CET 2013. The qualifying examinations are listed below:
i. The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized central/state Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi; etc.
ii. Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board/University.
iii. Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services wing of the National Defence Academy.
iv. General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/SriLanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
v. High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
vi. H.S.C vocational examination.
vii. Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
viii. A Diploma recognized by AICTE or a state board of technical education of at least 3 year duration.
ix. Any Public School/Board/University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
x. In case the relevant QE is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one
public (Board of Pre-University) examination at an earlier level.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING AND SUBMITTING THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
1. Candidate must read the detailed Information Brochure and instructions before filling up the application form. A candidate should minutely go through all the provisions for Admission to ensure that he/she is eligible for admission for which he/she is applying in terms of requirements of age, educational qualification as on crucial date etc. and fill the form strictly according to the instructions.
2. Mode of application:
On-line Application: Application is to be filled online. For details and instructions, follow appropriate link given in website. Payment can be made by downloading the challan and paid at any of the branches specified by IMU (Challan details to be filled-in in the application form).
3. The Application fee is Rs 1000/- for all Candidates and Rs 700/- for SC/ST Candidates. After filling in, the Application print to be taken and hard copy with necessary enclosures to be forwarded to Admission Cell, Indian Maritime University, East Coast Road, Uthandi, Chennai –600 119 on or before 10.05.2013.
4. Candidate must ensure that no column is left blank or wrongly filled viz., CET Application No & Registration No and Date of Birth column as the information furnished therein would be used for deciding the eligibility of the candidate for admission. Application not filled correctly and as per the “INSTRUCTION” is liable to be rejected and the onus of such rejection would be on candidate himself/herself.
5. CET 2013 will be conducted in major cities and towns across India. The list of proposed Examination Centers is given in the last page. Candidate must indicate the preference depending on the proximity he/she shares with the region in the box provided. IMU reserves the right to assign the candidate to the nearest center if the preferred examination centre doesn’t have sufficient number of applicants. No change in the examination centre will be entertained.
6. Copies of certificates should be attached in support of information given in the form wherever necessary. Those applications without necessary certificate copies will summarily be rejected.
7. Any information contained in the attached certificates shall not be considered unless it is claimed in the application form.
8. Incomplete Application will summarily be rejected and no further communication in this regard will be entertained.
9. IMU will not be responsible for postal delays.
10. No written acknowledgement will be sent to the candidates. However, all correspondence will be made viz email and SMS, so candidates are requested to enter the respective communication details with accuracy.
11. Candidates can download their hall ticket from the IMU Website after 15 days from the date of application submission deadline.
Note: IMU Headquarters is at Chennai. The Court at Chennai alone shall have the jurisdiction to settle and decide the matters and disputes related to IMU CET 2013
Google + Profile & Like Us on Facebook & Follow us on Twitter and Stumble All Exam Results me to get all updates of All Exam Results and Government Jobs.
APPLY ONLINE FOR IMU CET 2013 FROM BELOW :
The Indian Maritime University (IMU) was established through an Act of Parliament on 14th November, 2008 as a Central University. IMU, a pioneer institution, encompasses seven well known legacy maritime institutions pan India, namely, National Maritime Academy Chennai, T S Chanakya Mumbai, Lal Bahadur Shastri College of Advanced Maritime Studies and Research Mumbai, Marine Engineering Research Institute Mumbai, Marine Engineering Research Institute Kolkata, Indian Institute of Port Management Kolkata and National Ship Design and Research Centre Visakhapatnam.
IMU has six established campuses viz Chennai, Cochin, Kandla Port, Kolkata, Mumbai and Visakhapatnam and 38 maritime institutions affiliated to it. IMU’s mission is to play a key role in India’s growth story through the development of the Indian Maritime and related Logistics and Supply Chain, and Infrastructure sectors. The primary objective of the University is to promote advanced knowledge through facilitation of maritime studies, training, research and extension work with focus on emerging areas like oceanography, maritime history, maritime law, maritime security, transportation, environmental studies and other related fields, and to achieve excellence in these.
The need of the maritime sector can be uniquely addressed by IMU by providing courses beyond the ambit of the general-purpose universities. The up-gradation of courses, revision of syllabi, introduction of new courses, adoption of new methods of technology-enabled learning, including regular class-room instruction, virtual classes, distance learning etc will be facilitated by the University system. The regulations governing the programmes for various qualifications are customized to meet the particular needs of the industry and the
international organizations. IMU admits students based on All India Common Entrance Tests (CETs) which are conducted in the months of April/May every year.
Disclaimer :. www.myemploymentportal.com is not responsible for any inadvertent error that may have crept in the jobs, information, images, articles, time tables, online applications, notifications, job details, all exam results being published on NET. The jobs, information, images, articles, time tables, online applications, notifications, job details, results published on net are for the immediate information to the public. This does not constitute to be a legal document. While all efforts have been made to make the information available on this website as authentic as possible, myemploymentportal.com or any staff persons will not be responsible for any loss to persons caused by any shortcoming, defect or inaccuracy in the information available on website.Our Website is not the Government Website or Not the Part of any Government Organization and not the part of any Government Institution. Our Website is also not a Part of Any University or School or College and not affiliated with any Govt., Organization
Posted here By : Ejaj Pasha @ www.myemploymentportal.com